If you are a candidate of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) or Direct Entry (DE) candidate and you are looking for information concerning the Central Admissions Processing System (JAMB CAPS) portal, then you are sure of the right place. In this post, we will provide you with information regarding the JAMB CAPS portal, with its functions, how to check your admission status, accept or reject admission, print admission letters, pay acceptance fee and steps on how to apply for JAMB profile data correction.
JAMB CAPS Portal
The JAMB Central Admissions Processing System, otherwise known as the JAMB CAPS portal is the used by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to automate the admissions process into tertiary institutions in Nigeria, the portal allow JAMB candidates to check their admission status, accept or reject admission given to them, print admission letters apply for change of course and change or correct data of candidates.
Features and Functions of the JAMB CAPS portal
The JAMB CAPS portal is a robust online platform that is designed to process and manage the admissions process for tertiary institutions in Nigeria. It offers a lot of features & functions to candidates, institutions, & other stakeholders that are involved in the admissions process.
Here are list of features and Functionalities of the JAMB CAPS portal:
Features of the JAMB CAPS Portal for Candidates:
Candidates can use the portal for the following:
Admission Status Checking
The JAMB CAPS portal can be used by candidates to check their admission status after participating in the UTME or DE application process. They can be able to check if they have been offered admission to their chosen institution, and also know the program/course they have been admitted to.
If a candidate has been offered admission, they can use the JAMB CAPS portal to either accept or reject the admission offer. Candidates are to Note that they may forfeit the admission if they did not accept the admission in the stipulated time frame.
Printing of Admission Letters
If a candidate accepts the admission offered to them, they can use the portal to print their admission letters which they will need to present during their registration at their chosen institution.
Acceptance Fees Payment
Some institutions require admitted candidates to pay their acceptance fees after they have accepted the admission. They can use the portal to pay their acceptance fees electronically easily.
Correction of Data
JAMB/DE candidates who find any error in their personal data such (name, date of birth, or any other error). They can use the portal to apply for correction of the data.
Features of the JAMB CAPS Portal for Institutions:
Institutions can use the portal for the following:
Admission List Management
Institutions can use the JAMB CAPS portal to manage their admission lists. They can use the portal to upload their admission lists, send admission offers to candidates, & monitor the acceptance status of admission offers.
Verification of Candidate Information
They can use the portal to verify information of candidates who have been offered a provisional admission. This feature can be used by the institution to ensure that only qualified candidates are admitted.
Generation of Admission Letters
They can as well use the portal to generate admission letters for candidates who have accepted their admission offers.
Monitoring of Registration
They can also use the portal to monitor the registration of admitted candidates.
Features of the JAMB CAPS Portal for Other Stakeholders:
Stakeholders can use the portal for the following:
The JAMB CAPS portal can be used by government agencies to monitor the overall admissions process & ensure that admissions process is conducted fairly & transparently.
Even Parents & guardians can also use the portal to track admission status of their children or wards.
Features of the JAMB CAPS Portal for Additional Features:
Here are other additional features the public can can use the portal for:
- The portal can be used to share news and information to candidates, institutions & stakeholders.
- The portal also provides help & support sections that answers questions of candidates, institutions & other stakeholders at large.
Here are frequently asked questions and answers about the JAMB CAPS Login Portal:
How Do I Login to the JAMB CAPS Portal?
We will provide you with every steps and information you need to login to your JAMB CAPS portal easily by following our guide below:
- To login to the JAMB CAPS portal, visit the JAMB portal at www.jamb.gov.ng
- Then toggle the navigation bar located at the top right corner of the page and click on “CAPS(Candidates)E-facility”
- Enter your “Email address and Password” in the provided field
- Then click on the “Login” link to access your account
How Do I Check my Admission Status on the JAMB CAPS Portal?
To check your JAMB CAPS admission status on the JAMB CAPS portal, kindly follow the instructions provided below:
After logging into your JAMB candidates portal with the procedure above,
- Visit the JAMB CAPS portal at efacility.jamb.gov.ng/AdmissionStatus or from inside your JAMB profile portal, click on the “Check Admission Status” that is located at the bottom of the page.
- You will be then taken to the JAMB CAPS portal or a page where you can be able to check your admission status
- Select your “UTME Year” from the drop-down link
- Enter your “JAMB Registration Number” in the provided space
- Then click on the “Check Admission Status”
If you have been offered a provisional admission, you will get a Congratulations message as seen in the screenshot provided below:
While those who have not been offered admission will get a response such as “Sorry, You have Not been Given Admission Yet….”
What Should I Do if I Lost my JAMB CAPS Login Password?
If you lost or forgot your JAMB CAPS portal login password, you can follow these steps to recover or reset it.
- Visit the JAMB CAPS portal login page at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/Login
- Then click on the “Forgot your Password? Click here to reset it” link
- Enter your JAMB Login email address in the space provided
- And click on the “Password Reset” link
- You will get screen notification telling you that
“Your Password is Successfully Reset and sent to your eMail (LoginPortals@gmail.com)”
You can now go to your Email address and you will find your new password that is automatically generated by the JAMB CAPS portal. You can go back to the JAMB CAPS portal to log in to your profile.
How Do I Access the JAMB CAPS Login With Registration Number?
To access the JAMB CAPS Login Portal with your registration number, please follow these instructions:
- Visit the JAMB CAPS portal at www.jamb.gov.ng/CAPS
- Select your UTME Year from the list above
- Enter your ‘JAMB Registration Number” in the provided space
- And click on the Access my CAPS to access your JAMB CAPS with your registration number
On the other hand, you can login to your JAMB profile by visiting the JAMB portal at http://efacility.jamb.gov.ng. and then click on the Check Admission Status from the list, Select your JAMB Year ==> Enter your Registration ==> and click on the “Access my CAPS” link to access your JAMB CAPS with your Registration Number easily.
How Do I Check my JAMB CAPS admission status?
To check your JAMB CAPS admission status, follow these instructions:
- Viste the JAMB portal Login Page at http://efacility.jamb.gov.ng.
- Login with your JAMB profile “Email address and Password”
- Click on “Check Admission Status”
- Choose the year you wrote the JAMB that you want to check the admission status
- Type your JAMB Registration Number in the provided space
- Then Tick the “Refresh Admission from CAPS”
- And click on “Check Admission Status” your admission status from JAMB CAPS will be displayed to you on the screen.
Who Can Use the JAMB CAPS Portal?
People who are allowed to use the JAMB CAPS portal are candidates who have participated in the UTME or DE application process. Although institutions, government and other stakeholders too can use the JAMB CAPS portal to regulate and upload admission lists to ensure that admissions process is conducted fairly.
What are the Benefits of Using the JAMB CAPS Portal?
The JAMB CAPS portal have variety of benefits, which includes the following:
- The portal provides a transparent platform for the admissions processes in Nigeria. All stakeholders are allowed to access information about the admission process & track their progress on the portal
- The portal is efficient, which reduces the need for manual paperwork & streamlines the admissions process, making it more efficient for both candidates & institutions involved.
- The JAMB CAPS portal provides optimum security, it protects the personal information of candidates & institutions.
- The portal provides a 24/7 accessibility from anywhere in the world, making it convenient for candidates and institutions to use it any day-any time.
- The JAMB CAPS portal allows candidates to know their admission status even without having to wait for their institution’s admission list to be published.
How Can I Access the JAMB CAPS Login Matriculation List?
To access the JAMB Matriculation list, follow the below procedure:
- Visit the the JAMB CAPS portal at http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/capsadmission.aspx
- Select your Institution Category from the list
- Select your Institution from the list
- Select your Program
- Enter your JAMB or DE Registration Number
- Then click on the “Submit” or “Search” button link to view your information on the matriculation list
Candidates are to note that only people whose names are on the matriculation list are the ones recognized as bonafide students from their various institutions.
And those whose names are not on the list, their application on the NYSC Portal for the 1 year national service will be declined.
The JAMB CAPS is an all-in-one online resources platform that makes it easy for institutions to communicate student’s admission process to them in a single platform. By using the portal, all JAMB and DE candidates can access any information they need concerning their preferred instructions without any delay, the portal provides a pool of benefits candidates can enjoy and stay up to date on their academic or admission process. By following our provided guidelines, you can navigate all resources of the portal easily without any issues.