GAIN 200level ADMISSION VIA IJMB/JUPEB. Call 07085908323 FOR MORE INQUIRY.
Jamb Economics Syllabus For UTME Exam 2021/22 | Read & Download PDF.
- 1 Jamb Economics Syllabus For UTME Exam 2021/22 | Read & Download PDF.
- 2 Jamb Economics Syllabus 2021/2022 Topic
- 2.0.1 1. Economics as a science
- 2.0.2 2. Economic Systems
- 2.0.3 3. Methods of Economic Analysis
- 2.0.4 4. The Theory of Demand
- 2.0.5 5. The Theory of Consumer Behaviour
- 2.0.6 6. The Theory of Supply
- 2.0.7 7. The Theory of Price Determination
- 2.0.8 8. The Theory of Production
- 2.0.9 9. Theory of Costs
- 2.0.10 10. Market Structure
- 2.0.11 11. National Income
- 2.0.12 12. Money and Inflation
- 2.0.13 13. Banking
- 2.0.14 14. Public Finance
- 2.0.15 15. Economic Growth and Development
- 2.0.16 16. Agriculture in Nigeria
- 2.0.17 17. Industry and Industrialization
- 2.0.18 18. Petroleum and the Nigerian Economy
- 2.0.19 19. Business Organizations
- 2.0.20 20. Population
- 2.0.21 21. International Trade
- 2.0.22 22. International Economic Organizations
- 2.0.23 23. Factors of Production and their Theories
- 2.1 Jamb Economics Syllabus 2021/2021 Recommended Textbook
- 2.2 Related
Jamb Economics Syllabus: Hello Viewer in this article i would like to share the latest & updated syllabus for Jamb Economics, Are you among those that are getting prepared for the upcoming UTME examination if yes, have you been searching for Jamb Economics Syllabus if yes, then i guess this article is for you:
Are you participating in the 2021/22 United Tertiary Matriculation Examination, then start preparing now, without wasting much of you time i will highlight the first step you need to take:
- Choice a course
- Make a research on the course
- Search for the O’level requirement of the course
- Then Lastly, make research on Jamb Subject combination of the course if Economics is among then you are good to go.
Jamb Economics Syllabus 2021/2022 General Objective.
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Economics is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of the basic concepts, tolls and their general applications to economic analysis;
- identify and explain the basic structure, operations and roles of the various economics units and institutions (national and international)
- describe major economic activities production, distribution and consumption;
- identify and appraise the basic economic problems of society
- develop the competence to proffer solutions to economic problems.
Jamb Economics Syllabus 2021/2022 Topic
1. Economics as a science
a. Basic Concepts: Wants, Scarcity, choice, opportunity cost, Rationality, production, distribution, consumption etc
b. Economic problems of: what, how and for whom to produce
2. Economic Systems
a. Types: free enterprise, centrally planned and mixed economies
b. Solutions to economic problems under different systems
c. Contemporary issues in economic systems (e.g. economic reforms, deregulation etc).
3. Methods of Economic Analysis
a. Scientific Approach:
i. inductive and deductive methods
ii. positive and normative reasoning
b. Basic Tools
i. tables, charts and graphs
ii. measures of central tendency: mean, median and mode, and their applications.
iii. measures of dispersion; variance, standard deviation, range and their applications;
iv. merits and demerits of the tools.
4. The Theory of Demand
i. meaning and determinants of demand
ii. demand schedules and curves
iii. the distinction between change in quantity demanded and change in demand.
b. Types of demand: Composite, derived, competitive etc
c. Elasticity of demand: determinants, measurements, nature and applications (e.g. revenue).
d. Effects of changes in the determinants (price, income and cross elasticities).
5. The Theory of Consumer Behaviour
a. Basic Concepts:
i. utility (cardinal, ordinal and marginal utilities)
ii. value in use and value in exchange
iii. indifference curve and budget line.
b. Diminishing marginal utility and the law of demand.
c. Consumer equilibrium using the indifference curve and marginal analyses.
d. Effects of shift in the budget line and the indifference curve.
e. Consumer surplus and its applications.
6. The Theory of Supply
i. Meaning and determinants of supply
ii. Supply schedules and supply curves
iii. the distinction between change in quantity supplied and change in supply
b. Types of Supply: Joint/complementary, competitive and composite
c. Elasticity of Supply: determinants, measurements, nature and applications
7. The Theory of Price Determination
a. The concepts of market and price
b. Functions of the price system
i. Price determination under a free market
ii. Price legislation and its effects
d. The effects of changes in supply and demand on equilibrium price and quantity
8. The Theory of Production
a. Concepts of production and their interrelationships (TP, AP, MP and the law of variable proportion).
b. Scale of Production: Internal and external economies of scale and their implications.
c. Production functions and returns to scale
d. Producers’ equilibrium isoquant-isocost and marginal analyses.
9. Theory of Costs
a. The concepts of cost: Fixed, Variable Average and Marginal
b. Accountants’ and Economists’ notions of cost
c. Short-run and long-run costs
d. The marginal cost and the supply curve of firm.
10. Market Structure
a. Perfectly competitive market:
i. Assumptions and characteristics;
ii. Short-run and long-run equilibrium of a perfect competitor;
b. Imperfect Market:
i. Pure monopoly, discriminatory monopoly and monopolistic competition.
ii. Short-run and long-run equilibrium positions.
c. Break-even/shut-down analysis in the various markets.
11. National Income
a. Concepts: GNP, GDP, NI etc
b. National Income measurements and their problems
c. Uses of national incomes estimates
d. The circular flow of income (three sector model)
e. The multiplier concept.
f. Elementary theory of income determination and equilibrium national income.
12. Money and Inflation
a. Types and functions of money
b. Demand for money and the supply of money
c. Quantity Theory of money (Fisher equation)
d. Inflation: Types, measurements, effects and control
a. Types and functions of banks
b. The creation of money
c. Challenges facing the banking industry in Nigeria (reforms, consolidation)
d. The role of banks in economic development
e. Monetary policy and its instruments.
14. Public Finance
a. Meaning and objectives
b. Sources of government revenue (taxes royalties, etc)
c. Principles of taxation
d. The effects of public expenditure
e. Government budget and public debts
f. Revenue allocation and resource control in Nigeria
15. Economic Growth and Development
a. Meaning and scope
b. Indicators of growth and development
c. Factors affecting growth and development
d. Problems of development in Nigeria
e. Developing planning in Nigeria.
16. Agriculture in Nigeria
a. The role of agriculture in economic development;
b. Characteristics and problems;
c. Effects of agricultural policies;
d. Instability in agricultural income (causes, effects and solutions)
17. Industry and Industrialization
a. Concepts and effects of location and localization of industry in Nigeria;
b. Problems of Industrialization strategies (e.g. export promotion, import
c. SMEs and econ
omic development in Nigeria
18. Petroleum and the Nigerian Economy
a. Development of the petroleum industry in Nigeria;
b. Contributions of petroleum to the Nigerian economy;
c. Linkage effects;
d. Upstream/downstream activities.
19. Business Organizations
a. Private enterprises (e.g. sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability companies
and cooperative societies)
b. Problems of private enterprises;
c. Public enterprises;
d. Privatization and Commercialization as solutions to the problems of public enterprises.
a. Meaning and theories;
b. Census: importance and problems.
c. Size and growth: over-population, underpopulation and optimum population.
d. Structure and distribution;
e. Population policy and economic development.
21. International Trade
a. Meaning and basis for international trade (absolute and comparative costs etc)
b. Balance of trade and balance of payments: problems and corrective measures;
c. Composition and direction of Nigeria’s foreign trade;
d. Exchange rate: meaning, types and determination.
22. International Economic Organizations
Roles and relevance of international organization e.g. ECOWAS, AU, EU, OPEC, ECA, IMF, EEC, OECD, World Bank, IBRD, WTO, ADB and UNCTAD etc to Nigeria.
23. Factors of Production and their Theories
a. Types, features and rewards;
b. Determination of wages, interest and profits;
c. Theories: marginal productivity theory of wages and liquidity preference theory;
d. Factor mobility and efficiency;
Jamb Economics Syllabus 2021/2021 Recommended Textbook
- Aderinto, A.A names(s)? (1996). Economics: Exam Focus, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Black, J. (1997). Oxford Dictionary of Economics. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Eyiyere, D.O. (1980). Economics Made Easy, Benin City, Quality Publishers Ltd.
- Fajana, F et al (1999). Countdown to SSCE/JME Economics Ibadan: Evans
- Falodun, A.B. et al (1997). Round-up Economics, Lagos: Longman
- Kountsoyiannis, A. (1979). Modern Microeconomics, London: Macmillan
- Lawal, O.A. (1985). Success in Economics, London: John Muray.
- Lipsey, R.G. (1997). An Introduction to Positive Economics, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Samuelson, P and Nordhaus, W. (1989). Economics, Singapore: McGraw-Hill
- Udu E and Agu G.A. (2005). New System Economics: a Senior Secondary Course, Ibadan: Africana FIRST Publishers Ltd.
- Wannacott and Wannacott (1979). Economics, New York: McGraw-Hill.
Wisdomline Pass at Once JAMB.
That’s all about Jamb Economics Syllabus 2021, hope this article is helpful if you have any question feel free to let us know,
MAKE SURE YOU SHARE THIS POST WITH A FRIEND USING THE SHARING BUTTON.
JAMB Syllabus 2021/2022 For All Subject: View & Download PDF
GAIN 200level ADMISSION VIA IJMB/JUPEB. Call 07085908323 FOR MORE INQUIRY.
JAMB Syllabus 2021/2022 For All Subject: View & Download PDF.
JAMB Syllabus: Hello Viewer, welcome to ngedunews.com, In this article, I would like to discuss with you about JAMB 2021 Syllabus, have you been searching for the latest update/version of JAMB Syllabi then i guess you are at the right portal, this page is strictly created for Jamb 2021 Syllabus,
In case you are new to Jamb Syllabus, and you have been wondering what Jamb Syllabus is all about, is a sort of book which is made available in either Hard copy or Soft Copy for all subjects which contains all the Topics for each subject that an individual is expected to know and study on.
This is to inform the general public especially those who will be sitting for the JAMB 2021 Examination that JAMB Subject Syllabus for the 2021 session has been released and can be downloaded below:
JAMB 2021 Syllabus For All Subject (View & Get PDF) Below.
This Jamb Subject Syllabus is a direct expo of what you are to expect in the coming UTME 2020 Examination. It helps you prepare more and as well evaluate yourself before the examination date
JAMB Syllabus For Science Subjects:
- Download English Syllabus Here
- Download Mathematics Syllabus Here
- Download Chemistry Syllabus Here
- Download Physics Syllabus Here
- Download Biology Syllabus Here
- Download Agriculture Science Syllabus Here
- Download Geography Syllabus
JAMB Syllabus For Social Science Subject:
- Download Accounting Syllabus
- Download Commerce Syllabus
- Download Government Syllabus
- Download Economics Syllabus
JAMB Syllabus For Arts Subject:
- Download Literature In English Syllabus
- Download Arabic Syllabus Here
- Download Arts Syllabus Here
- Download CRS Syllabus Here
- Download Syllabus For Hausa
- Download History Syllabus
- Download Music Syllabus
- Download French Syllabus
- Download Jamb Yoruba Syllabus
How To Use Jamb 2021 Syllabus
- The syllabus is available in PDF. First, download the JAMB syllabus for your course of study.
- Use a PDF application to access it.
- On each subject you open, you will see the aim, after which is the topics/contents/notes and the Objective
- Look at the topics/contents/notes and also check the objectives
- Then scroll down to the end of the PDF and see the recommended textbooks
- Look for one of the recommended textbooks and open to any topic you which to learn and study it by following the objectives.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO USE THE COMMENT BOX.
MAKE SURE YOU SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.
Waec4 months ago
WAEC Result Checker 2020 @ www.waecdirect.org
Waec4 months ago
JSS3 (BECE) Junior WAEC Result 2020 Is Out: See How To Check Online
Neco4 months ago
NCEE Result 2020/2021 Is Out: See How To Check
Waec4 months ago
WAEC Result 2020 Private Candidates Is Out: See How To Check Online
Waec4 months ago
WAEC Syllabus 2020/2021 SSCE & GCE | Download PDF For All Subject
Nabteb5 months ago
Nabteb Result Checker: See How To Check Your Nabteb 2020/21 Result
Neco6 months ago
NECO GCE 2020/2021 Registration Form: See How To Apply, Instruction & Guideline.
Job6 months ago
Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form 2020/2021 Is Out: Apply Now