Are you a student, graduate, someone who has previously written the joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination or you have previously applied for Direct Entry (DE). Then you must need the JAMB portal in one way or the other. We have written a comprehensive guide for you to help you navigate the JAMB portal and explore the potentials of the JAMB portal seamlessly.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Portal is a crucial online platform design for anyone navigating the tertiary education landscape in Nigeria. It is used to facilitate various admission-related processes for both universities, Polytechnics and College of Educations students at large.
The JAMB portal portal serves as a central hub for the followings:
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) & Direct Entry (DE) Registration
The Portal allows candidates to create accounts, fill UTME registration forms, pay for fees, schedule appointments, & manage their application process for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
In the Portal, registered candidates can access their profile details, print or reprint registration slips and admission letters, check admission status, apply for data correction, and access other helpful resources available to them.
JAMB e-Facility Services
The general public, including non-registered candidates, can purchase UTME/DE PINs, download the CBT software for examination practice, view news & updates, access their exam announcements & schedules, & check their UTME results in the portal.
Who Can Use the JAMB Portal?
The JAMB Portal can be used by the general public and various stakeholders in the Nigerian tertiary education system, which includes the following:
Prospective students can use the portal to register for UTME/DE, access their application status, & manage their admission processes.
Parents can use the portal to assist their children with the registration processes & access relevant information for them.
Nigerian tertiary institutions can use the portal to access candidate data, verify their admission information, & conduct other admission-related tasks easily.
JAMB officials can also use the portal to manage the registration process, monitor exam operations, & provide support to users where necessary.
Benefits of the JAMB Portal
Here are benefits associated in using the JAMB portal:
- The portal provides Users with a User-friendly interface, which is designed to be accessible and easy to navigate even for first-time users.
- The portal provides a secure platform for everyone, this means that Information on the portal is protected with strong security measures to safeguard users from the general public.
- The portal is beneficial in providing Online resources, by providing access to helpful information, guides, & tutorials for various processes.
- The portal is regularly updated with latest announcements, news, & deadlines to the general public.
How to Login to the JAMB Portal
The JAMB portal consists of two main login options depending on you need to do, such as the:
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) / Direct Entry (DE)
- JAMB e-Facility
Here is comprehensive steps on how to login to both of the of the JAMB Portals:
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) / Direct Entry (DE) Registration Portal Login
To login to the UTME / Direct Entry (DE) Registration Portal, follow this steps:
- Visit the UTME / Direct Entry (DE) login Portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/
- Click on the Create e-Facility Account/Log in link located at the top of the page
- Enter your Email address and password in provided fields
- Click on Login to access your JAMB profile
Steps to Login to the JAMB e-Facility Portal
To login to the JAMB e-Facility Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the JAMB e-Facility Portal at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng
- Enter your Email Address and Password in the required fields
- Click on the Login Button beneath the login credentials space to access your profile.
Upon successfully logging in to the JAMB Portal, you will be able to access all the JAMB features available to you in your profile. This features includes:
- Access to your Profile
- But JAMB e-PINs (Form)
- Generate and download e-PINs for registration procedures.
- Register for National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Register for Part-Time Courses
- Register for Sandwich Programmes
- Register for UTME and Data Correction
- Register for Direct Entry (DE)
- Print Your JAMB Result Slip
- Print Admission Letter if available
- Regularize Admission Admission with JAMB for NYSC mobilization
- Check your Payments status
- Check your Admission Status
But in situation where you lost your JAMB Portal Login password, you can be able to Reset it easy with our guides below:
How to Reset the JAMB Portal Login Password
To reset your JAMB portal password, follow these steps:
- Visit the JAMB login portal at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng
- Scroll down and locate Forgot your Password? Click here to reset it
- Click on the link
- Enter your JAMB Login email address in the provide field
- Then click on the Password Reset link
You will an on screen notification telling you that
“Your Password is Successfully Reset and sent to your eMail (LoginPortals@gmail.com)”
Now go to your Email address and you will find your new password that is automated by JAMB as seen in the screenshot provided below:
Now you can return to the JAMB portal Login Page to use the newly generated password sent to you by JAMB to login into your profile.
If you don’t like the newly generated password sent to you by JAMB you can reset it by toggling on your profile when you logged into your account as seen in the screenshot below:
- Click in the change password link in the drop-down menu
- Enter the New Password given to your by JAMB in the first space
- Now enter desired New Password in the second space
- Enter the same password in the third space
- Then click on the “Change Password” link
- You will get an onscreen notification telling you that Password Change was successful
You can now use the newly generated password by you to login your profile rather than the one generated by JAMB for you.
Here are frequently asked questions and answers about JAMB Portal Login:
Can I Access the JAMB Portal Login With Registration Number?
Yes you can login into JAMB portal using your registration number by visiting the JAMB portal at https://www.jamb.gov.ng/ ==> Click on the E-Facility ==>Enter your JAMB registration number in the required space ==> Click on the “Login” button to access your profile.
Can Access the JAMB Caps from the JAMB Portal?
Yes, you can access the JAMB Caps portal by visiting the JAMB Caps through caps.jamb.gov.ng Login or through http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/default.aspx?TokenID=P#81%60@78. Then enter your Username and Password and click on the Login link to access your profile on the JAMB Caps.
Is the JAMB e Facility Login Portal the Same as other JAMB Portals?
No, the JAMB e-Facility Portal Login is different from other JAMB Portals. But you can access every other JAMB Portal from the JAMB e-Facility Portal.
In conclusion, as you have seen above, the JAMB Portal serves as a vital online platform for candidates seeking admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria. It offers a plethora of features and functions for both candidates and institutions. With the guidelines we provided above, you should be able to navigate through the portal effectively without issues.