Register for IJMB or JUPEB to be in 200level in the next academic session: Call 08135840116
Jamb Subject Combination for Building Technology (WAEC & DE) Requirements
Hello Readers, In this article, I will share more light on Jamb and WAEC subject combination for Building Technology with Direct Entry Requirement. Firstly, What is Subject Combination? It is a list of subjects that include both compulsory and optional subjects. However, It is compulsory for a student to have a knowledge of the required subject combination for the course he or she wants to study in the institution.
Subject Combination is also a factor that denied students for studying his decide course in the university aside from not scoring the minimum cut off mark of such course. Once you choose the wrong subject combination for Building Technology it is either you change from Building Technology to another course that goes along with the subject combination you’ve chosen or you wait for another year.
Jamb Subject Combination for Building and Building Technology
To become a graduate of Building Technology in any institution in Nigeria, Firstly, you have to participate in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination which is conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
This examination always comes up once in a year and the subject combination for Building Technology are:
Building Technology O’Level (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) Subject Combination
Before you proceed to obtain the UTME form, you must have written or registered for any O’Level examination like WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB examination. A student willing to study this course “Building Technology” must have at least a minimum of Five (5) credit in his or her O’Level result which includes:
- Any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Econs, Tech. Drawing, Further. Maths., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching & Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity
Direct Entry Requirement for Building Technology
- ‘O’ Level pass in Chemistry. ND/HND in relevant programmes.
- A’ Level /IJMB passes in Mathematics and Physics plus any one of Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Geography, and Fine Arts.
- ND upper credit in Building from any accredited institution.
- HND lower credit in Building from any accredited institution.
BAUCHI, MAUTY and MINNA accept;
- ND/HND lower credit in relevant courses in addition to UTME requirements.
- Two (2) A’ Level passes from Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- ND/HND upper credit respectively in Building Technology.
- Upper credit or 60% overall average in the ND examination.
- Holders of other qualifications such as HSC, GCE, A’ level will be considered for 200 level.
- National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in any of Building, Quantity Surveying, Architecture or Civil Engineering
- ‘A’ level pass at not less than credit level in Cambridge International Examination (CIE), Interim Joint Matriculation Board, (IJMB) examination, Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) examination or its equivalent in at least two of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, and Economics.
IMSU and OAU accept;
- ND/HND upper credit in relevant programmes into 200/300 level provided they satisfy the following:
(a) ND course must include Mathematics at ND II
(b) Have the equivalent of ‘A’ Level in Mathematics.
- ND/HND with a GPA of not less than 3.50 in Building or Civil Engineering for the 200 level.
- Very good passes in JUPEB/A’ Level subjects: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- OND (Distinction) in Building, Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying into 200 level.
- HND (Upper Credit) in Building, Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying into 300 level.
- HND pass or ND lower credit in Building or any relevant programmes
- ND upper credit and HND lower credit.
- At least three ‘A’ level passes not below Grade C in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- ND/HND at Upper Credit level in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Geology, Environmental Sciences, or Engineering.
- First Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Geology, Environmental Sciences or Engineering.
- Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects namely Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. It does not
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL? DON’T HESITATE TO SHARE.