Register for IJMB or JUPEB to be in 200level in the next academic session: Call 08135840116
List of Universities Offering Computer Engineering and UTME Requirement.
- 1 List of Universities Offering Computer Engineering and UTME Requirement.
- 2 List of Federal Universities Offering Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- 3 List of State Universities that Offers Computer Engineering
- 4 List of Private Universities to Study Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- 5 Duration of Computer Engineering in Universities.
- 6 UTME Requirement for Computer Engineering
Hello Viewer, in this article I would like to share more light on the Course “Computer Engineering“, the list of Universities offering the course in Nigeria and the correct subject combination for the course (Jamb & Waec)
According to Wiki: Computer Engineering is a branch of engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electronics engineering required to develop computer hardware and software. Computer engineers are those that usually study electronic engineering (or electrical engineering), software design, and hardware, software integration which includes aspects of the computer from the design of individual microcontrollers, microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers, to circuit design.
List of Federal Universities Offering Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, AKURE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF UYO
List of State Universities that Offers Computer Engineering
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY
- EDO UNIVERSITY, IYAMHO, EDO STATE
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY
- LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- OLABISI ONABANJO UNIVERSITY
- RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
List of Private Universities to Study Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO
- AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY, OYO
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, YOLA
- BAZE UNIVERSITY, ABUJA
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA
- CARITAS UNIVERSITY
- COVENANT UNIVERSITY
- ELIZADE UNIVERSITY, ILARA-MOKIN
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU
- IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY, OKADA
- MADONNA UNIVERSITY, ELELE
- NILE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA.
Duration of Computer Engineering in Universities.
The duration of computer engineering in universities varies, Normally, The course is (4) year course but in some universities, it is a five-year course especially in Technology institutions. However, if you gain admission via Direct Entry you will spend nothing less than 1, 2, or 3 years depending on the certificate you have before applying for the direct entry form.
UTME Requirement for Computer Engineering
- ABUAD and OOU accept any Science Subject in lieu of Further Mathematics.
- ESUTECH requires ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language and all other relevant subjects.
- FUOYE requires five (5) credits at SSC (or its equivalent) including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one other Science subject from Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Biology/Agricultural Science.
- UNILAG requires Five O/Level credit passes in English, Mathematics Further Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- FUTMINNA and BELLS require five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject.
- NILE accepts English Language, Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry and any other two (2) Science subjects.
- RSUST and UMUDIKE – Same as in Civil Engineering.
- EUI requires five (5) credit passes at SSC or its equivalent to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, and any other Science subject.
- FUTA requires five (5) SSC credit passes or its equivalent at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject. Candidates with credit pass in Further Mathematics and Technical Drawing shall have added advantage.
- UNILORIN candidates are required to obtain O’Level credits in Five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other relevant science subject in a single sitting.
- CARITAS requires Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other science subject.
- ABU accepts five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other Science subject. (Including Economics, Technical Drawing, Metalwork, and Woodwork).
As at the time of publishing only the Universities listed above offers Computer Engineering, However, if your university is offering Computer Engineering as a course, and you can’t find the name on the list, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the comment box.
I HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE WITH FRIENDS.