Register for IJMB or JUPEB to be in 200level in the next academic session: Call 08135840116
WAEC Chemistry Syllabus 2020 (SSCE & GCE): View & Download PDF.
WAEC Chemistry Syllabus: Hello viewer, in this article i will share with you the latest and updated version of Waec syllabus for Chemistry, have to been searching for Chemistry Syllabus, Chemistry EXPO, Chemistry Question and Answer, if yes, then i guess you are at the right page, this page is strictly created for Waec Chemistry syllabus.
WAEC Chemistry 2020 Question & Answer (EXPO)
I noticed that most candidate instead of them to prepare for WAEC Chemistry examination all they do is search for EXPO all through the internet, well it normal but it better to enter the exam-hall and be proud of yourself that you can answer the question without waiting for any EXPO.
How To Use WAEC Chemistry Syllabus (Get Prepare).
- Download the PDF format of the Chemistry Syllabus
- Look for different Chemistry textbook
- Look for the topic found in the syllabus on your textbook
- Start Reading
- Also Look for WAEC Chemistry Series (Past Question) and treat it to know how well you’ve prepared.
INTRODUCTION: This syllabus is drawn purposely for examination, hence the topics are not necessarily arranged in the order in which they should be taught.
The following assumptions were made in drawing of the syllabus:
- That candidates must have covered the Integrated Science/Basic Science or General Science and Mathematics syllabuses at the Junior Secondary School (JSS)/Junior High School (J.H.S) level;
- That candidates would carry out as many of the suggested activities and project work as possible, and consequently develop the intended competencies and skills as spelt out in the relevant Chemistry teaching syllabuses;
- That schools which offer the subject have well-equipped laboratories.
Note: Candidates are required to have the knowledge of the significant figures, S.I. units and the conventional/IUPAC system of nomenclature.
AIMS : The aims and objectives of the syllabus are to assess candidates’
- understanding of basic chemistry concepts;
- level of acquisition of laboratory skills including awareness of hazards and safety measures;
- level of awareness of the inter-relationship between chemistry and other discipline;
- level of awareness of the linkage between chemistry and industry/environment/everyday life in terms of benefits and hazards;
- skills of critical and logical thinking.
WAEC Chemistry Syllabus 2020 For SSCE & GCE Examination.
WAEC CHEMISTRY 2019 EXAMINATION SCHEME
There shall be three papers – Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Paper 1 and 2 shall be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple choice objective questions drawn from Section A of the syllabus (ie the portion of the syllabus which is common to all candidates) . Candidates will be required to answer all the questions within 1 hour for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will be a 2-hour essay paper covering the entire syllabus and carrying 100 marks. The paper will be in two sections; Sections A and B.
- Section A: Will consist of ten short structured questions drawn from the common portion of the syllabus. (i.e. Section A of the syllabus). Candidates will be required to answer all the questions for 25 marks.
- Section B: Will consist of two questions from the common portion of the syllabus (i.e. Section A of the syllabus) and two other questions from the section of the syllabus which is perculiar to the country of the candidate (i.e. either Section B or C of the syllabus). Candidates will be required to answer any three of the questions. Each question shall carry 25 marks.
PAPER 3: This shall be a 2-hour practical test for school candidates or 1 hour 30 minutes alternative to practical work test for private candidates. Each version of the paper shall contain three compulsory questions and carry 50 marks.
The questions shall be on the following aspects of the syllabus:
- One question on quantitative analysis;
- One question on qualitative analysis;
- The third question shall test candidates’ familiarity with the practical activities suggested in their teaching syllabuses.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION FEEL FREE TO USE THE COMMENT BOX & MAKE SURE YOU SHARE THIS POST WITH A FRIEND.
THANKS FOR READING & KEEP VISITING.